Has our sense of privacy changed?

I read someone's status on Facebook and was wondering if our sense of privacy (or at least of those facebooking and tweeting) has changed? It was really personal.. I don't even want to repeat it here!!! Or is it just me??? Is it just a generation thing? I mean my status usually says what I am cooking or which movie I am watching, etc... If my parents read that, would they feel the same way?

I was having lunch with a group of friends a few weeks back and one of them said that people who update their status are looking for attention... "how much attention do you need?" was her exact question. Although, never before had I thought about tweeting or facebooking as demanding attention, maybe that's what it is.... Is this generation vying for attention? I don't know. Or the other point of view could be that we just have these venues that we are now used to, it seems to be a part of our life and there is nothing weird about posting weird stuff on your profile :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dil ne tumko chun liya hai..........

My Favorite Things To Do in Washington D.C.

Hiking in the Canadian Rockies