Saawariya

Like I had decided quite some time back, I rented Saawariya DVD to enjoy the movie on my widescreen HiDef TV (seriously, it's much better than the Indian theater that I went to last time). First of all I hated Salman Khan. He looks like he froze when shooting one of his older movies.... the same expression (or lack of any...) plastered on his face ALL THE TIME. I of course LUVED Ranbir Kapoor, liked Sonam Kapoor, much better than Deepika Padukone (that brouhaha about her was just hype I think...or maybe a good strategy by SRK!!!)... When the movie ended I thought, this can't be it.... all this for nothing???? I was disappointed... I guess I was expecting a miraculous change of heart and Sakina falling head over heels in love blah blah blah... I was expecting the usual Bollywood drama and romance, but SLB style.... meticulously made, beautiful to the last detail.... which it was sans the usual happily ever after ending... I mean we have seen tragedies (Vasu Sapna and Raj Rashmi (QSQT)).... but still this movie just felt meaningless to me, only because the gal was NEVER into that guy..... How sad :-(

But after giving my initial feelings some time to die down, I thought that if I had read the book I would have loved the book. That's one of the kind of books I like... real and humane stories.... different, heart-touching, sooooo real... And this story had all that.... And on top of that SLB had so beautifully depicted it.... It was just not the masala flick that I was expecting.... So I finally changed my verdict...... Thumbs up!!!

Actually, thinking more about it.... It's not entirely my fault either..... It's been a long time since SLB made Khamoshi.... I mean Devdaas was grand, but it was not Khamoshi.

Comments

>> It's been a long time since SLB made Khamoshi.... I mean Devdaas was grand, but it was not Khamoshi.>>>

There you are!! I agree totally!
Priya_Shilpa said…
Hey,I can't believe you liked the movie... Except for the amazing sets, I thought the performances were not that great, specially Ranbir Kapoor... That shows how much you like him... The kind of fascination I share for Hrithik..:D
goldendekhane said…
Mine is definitely a passing phase though :-) !!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Dil ne tumko chun liya hai..........

My Favorite Things To Do in Washington D.C.

Hiking in the Canadian Rockies