Oh!! You are an instructor!!!!

4 times in 3 semesters have I heard this...

Scenes 1, 2 and 3 (more or less similar... once each semester so far)
The class is over. I am sitting in the classroom with a couple of students who need extra help. A security guard walks in:
SG: I need to lock this classroom. Are you all taking a test or something?
I: Well, we had a class earlier here. I am just helping these students finish their work
SG: Where is the instructor?
I: I am the instructor
SG: Oh... you are the instructor. I thought you were a student. You are fine. I will lock the door from outside, so you will be fine.

Scene 4 (more recent... yesterday)
I walk to the cafe and order a sandwich. The lady who is making my sandwich is really nice.
Lady: So are you ready to take your finals?
I: I actually teach here
Lady: Oh you are an instructor? I thought you were a student
I (in my mind): Here we go again....
Lady: So are you ready to give your finals?
I: Yes I am
Lady: So what do you teach?
I: IT
Lady: Oh!! So you are the professor I have heard so much about....
I: I hope its good
Lady: Oh yes of course... But you don't look like an instructor. You look like a student
I (in my mind again): How am I supposed to look??? I even wear glasses (just in case formal trousers and shirt was not a good enough indicator.)





Comments

Fire and Ice!!! said…
hehehehe... its not their fault!! you look so young for a 'khadoos' prof.. ummm let's see.. coloring ur hair white might do the trick!! LOL.. jokes apart, i think its a very good compliment!!
goldendekhane said…
I know... I guess, the grass is always greener on the other side of the pasture and when I eventually don't get ID'd anywhere I m going to miss the good old days :-)
princess said…
Hey Golden, I totally agree with all of them... you still look the same whom I had seen 15 years back. In fact you still can go back and sit in the classroom of Jog.
goldendekhane said…
hahaha.... Jog classes:-) that's stretching it a bit too much I guess...
Mishra DK said…
You know this is quite true in my case too..
yesterday a lady returned to my comp after maternity leave. And she is put in to my project. In these 8 months of leave I have joined the comp.. when she came my mgr told her go to that desk and talk to Deepak, I saw she came 3 times near my desk and returned even though i was at my desk and the name tag was telling my name.
Also when I was purchasing my flat, I was telling the association president that I am the owner, he was telling "call your Dad"

Popular posts from this blog

Dil ne tumko chun liya hai..........

My Favorite Things To Do in Washington D.C.

Hiking in the Canadian Rockies