My Life Is Harder Than Yours

One of my pet peeves.... So the story goes like this..... I met someone fresh off the boat for the first time and this person makes this comment: "Doing XYZ job in India is much harder than here... My boss is giving me such a hard time....." This is how it translated in my mind:
  1. "My job is hard" === "I am incompetent" (I mean, come on.... everybody's job is hard.... They are not going to ask you textbook definitions at work!!!)
  2. "My boss is giving me a hard time" === "Check your social skills...."
That was sarcastic me!!!! But really what I wanted to say (and of course I did not say...)
  1. I know your job is hard and I empathize with you (seriously, we work in the same field... so I know...), but how does your job being hard translate into my job being easy???? (You don't know me, you haven't done that job here, so how are you deciding?? hearsay???)
  2. Most important: Why this competition of my blah blah blah being harder than yours??? makes absolutely no sense to me
Of course, this person was not the first one that I met.... I have met plenty of such people..... And it always made me wonder.... What is so good about your life (or anything) being hard ???? Doesn't that make you a person who focuses on the negatives more than they focus on the positive aspect of anything??? What's so good about that???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dil ne tumko chun liya hai..........

My Favorite Things To Do in Washington D.C.

Hiking in the Canadian Rockies