Hitler 1889-1936 Hubris

I started reading this book to understand how one man could bring together a nation like he did, to do the most horrific thing possible. I am halfway through the book and more confused !!!! Just being me, I guess.... But seriously the more I read about what a loser he was (drifter, homeless, disorganized, never made a decision, could never implement anything....) I just find it more surprising that he was able to lead all these people, based only on his oratory...... Seriously, he had no vision and no ability to implement anything.... Of course, the social, political and economic circumstances at that time played a major role, but I still don't have a clear picture of how this is possible.......

I can understand why millions of Indians followed Gandhiji (it was hard to follow him......practicing non-violence is not so easy, I am sure you all agree !!!). Apart from the circumstances, he was really a great leader. Moreover he practiced what he preached.... Or maybe I just understand Indian history better than German history........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dil ne tumko chun liya hai..........

My Favorite Things To Do in Washington D.C.

Hiking in the Canadian Rockies