From Jane to Carrie

I am sure many of us have seen the Sex and the City movie trailer...... Carrie Bradshaw preparing for her Big Apple wedding with Big. First of all I think the whole movie is a contradiction to the series... I always thought that Sex and the City was all about these 4 independent, "liberated" women, I thought it was all about relationships and their complexity.... Why would Carrie Bradshaw want to marry a guy, who first refused to marry her and then married a much younger woman???? That does not make her lib at all... rather she is more of a doormat than anyone else....

Also watching that trailer reminded me of a movie that I saw sometime back, "Becoming Jane"... and this thought crossed my mind:
From Jane Austen to Carrie Bradshaw, marriage seems to be the Holy Grail for women....
(Not that I have anything against marriage..... just the pressure!!!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dil ne tumko chun liya hai..........

My Favorite Things To Do in Washington D.C.

Hiking in the Canadian Rockies