Equality, Finally!!!!

Last night I saw the 53rd Filmfare Awards online and I have to say Ranbir Kapoor was HOT!!!! So, this morning I went on youtube looking for some Saawariyaa songs and saw this "Jab Se Tere Naina" video...... OMG!!!! There are a number of things about this video that I liked:

First of all it's a Sanjay Leela Bhansali film, so of course the sets, the cinematography, etc. were all beautiful. Second the music was beautiful. Third the song was sung by Shaan (ahhhhhhh!!) and fourth Ranbir Kapoor in a towel was amazing........... No kidding!!!! The whole use of towel as a prop in the choreography reminded me of Kajol in "mere khwabo mein jo aaye" from DDLJ...... And I thought we have definitely come a long way..... For all these years our movie scripts required/demanded women to wear towels and now we have guys doing it..... So no feminist can now complain that women are being portrayed as "piece of meat" or as "sexual objects". India (or at least Indian movies) are progressive (ahem!!! sarcasm ladies!!!) and we have finally achieved an equality of the genders. We treat men exactly as we treat women ("piece of meat") !!!!! I am definitely not complaining :-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dil ne tumko chun liya hai..........

My Favorite Things To Do in Washington D.C.

Hiking in the Canadian Rockies