Kaande Pohe.com

That's a Marathi movie (now it's called Sanai Choughade) produced by Shreyas Talpade's wife that I have been wanting to watch for the past one year. And I saw it today finally..... What do I think???? hmmm.... mixed reviews. Novel concept, handled well... but not really a great movie. Lot of melodrama (I guess you can't escape that in our movies). Unnecessary songs shot in the style of hindi movie songs (I guess to make it appear more modern??? It was weird listening to Sunidhi Chauhan sing "kaande pohe" in her high picth item number style...). Hated the acting. Inspite of all of this, it left a mark, felt like it made a connection, delivered the message, albeit a bit too loud, but that's OK, I guess. The movie raised quite a few interesting questions. The best part was that the protagonist did not have long monologues defending and raising those issues (remember Shahrukh in Swades??? preaching the same point again and again in 3 min long monologues, in different situations??) Instead these issues were raised by different characters in the movie and shown as discussions among them, with each discussion perfectly suiting that character. I could almost hear some of my dialogues in the movie :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dil ne tumko chun liya hai..........

My Favorite Things To Do in Washington D.C.

Hiking in the Canadian Rockies