Customer service in India

I went to a saree shop yesterday, a fancy saree store in a mostly gujju neighborhood, I would guess owned by a gujju.... The moment we went in and sat down and spoke in Marathi, the guy understood almost everything about our needs.... Like he was a mindreader :-) He showed us sarees in a wide range (cost-based), but not a single saree was out of our budget. 4 women were sitting right next to us and he was showing them sarees that cost 4 times more than what I was checking out.. Needeless to say they were all speaking in Gujarati :-) The guy knew I was going to buy only 1 saree, he still made me shortlist around 15 (we were tired, but he did not want to give up.... It's usually the other way around... You have to keep asking for more designs and styles!!!). He draped more than 10 sarees on me and then finally when I could not select one from the final 2 shortlisted, he called another salesman and they both literally draped the sarees around them so I could get a better idea. It was the best shopping experience ever... I think it was customer service at its best!!!

Comments

Fire and Ice!!! said…
It happens only in India!!:)

Popular posts from this blog

Dil ne tumko chun liya hai..........

My Favorite Things To Do in Washington D.C.

Hiking in the Canadian Rockies