Never thought it would happen...

I am stealing this title from a friend... I am sure he won't mind... It is quite appropriate for what I want to write. In the 11th grade my English professor at Kelkar, Mr. Ayappan was talking about persuasive communication and he started a debate in the class. I still remember my birthday buddy vehemently defending his position on the topic. I finally raised my hand, stood up and made one small comment. Mr. Ayappan smiled at me (he always did, he had a wonderful smile!!!) and said "This is called persuasive communication". It was my usual idealist comment. He thought it was persuasive.... I thought I was convincing too... I mean I strongly believed in every word I said... always do!!! How can that not convince anyone?? neways, today I am at a complete loss of words trying to convince others... How do you convince others that you really believe in what you say and you mean what you say??? If I ever see Mr. Ayappan again I should tell him... "I am not really that persuasive after all".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dil ne tumko chun liya hai..........

My Favorite Things To Do in Washington D.C.

Hiking in the Canadian Rockies