Salwar kameez and the whole experience

I recently made a list of 25 things about me and posted them on Facebook.... Yes, I have come a long way from when I could not even write a 4 line profile description of myself to these 25 lines :-) Anyways, the first item on my list was "I miss wearing beautiful salwar kameez and attending family functions". Christine left a comment on that saying I should start wearing my dresses frequently here... She is probably right, but what I was really trying to say was that I miss the entire experience of wearing traditional clothes AND attending family functions.... I mean yes, I could wear some kurtis to work... that won't be so bad, or I could wear salwars for Indian functions at the temple or the Indian Associations' celebrations... but that's not really what I enjoy... It is absolutely no fun to dress up in traditional attire and try to mix with desis whom you don't really know and usually have nothing else in common with (not even the age group many times...) The experience as a whole is really what I care about (the dress is just an excuse!!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dil ne tumko chun liya hai..........

My Favorite Things To Do in Washington D.C.

Hiking in the Canadian Rockies