Social Networking

I logged in to my Shelfari account.......(Backtrack!!!!) shelfari.com is an online book club.... You can invite your friends, put your books on your shelf, discuss them, recommend them, join specific book clubs or other discussion forums.....

So, neways, I logged into my Shelfari account and was browsing and I noticed, most people had like 10 friends, 20 friends in their account. Compare this to orkut.com where I have 78 friends (and I am not good at networking), most people I know have more than 100 friends (some have 200 friends).....I felt disappointed..... It is easy to find someone to do nothing with you (just hang out) but hard to find someone to share your books, opinions about books :-(

The art of reading (Yes!! It needs to be called an art now, considering the number of people who do not read!!!) is dying.... And that's sad... Web has made so many things possible, but most of us decide to take advantage of only a part of it (the wrong part of it!!!)....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dil ne tumko chun liya hai..........

My Favorite Things To Do in Washington D.C.

Hiking in the Canadian Rockies