Another Song Post

I know you must be thinking I am crazy.....I am....kinda.... I am in a no work mood right now and in a completely musical mood.... When I was in India I would find the time every once in a while to listen to music and not do anything else, which is very uncommon of me.....I am always multi-tasking.....I cannot just sit and watch TV....I have to have something else in my hand.....When I am working, music is always playing in the background. So I am not necessarily listening to it every time.... Every once in a while though I like to sit and listen and hum (I am a terrible singer, anyone will vouch for that, so this has to be done when I am alone!!) and not do anything else. I haven't done this ever since I moved to the US. Today I am in that mood and humming some old songs form this forgotten movie "papa kehte hai".... Remember Jugal Hansraj and Mayuri Kango and white Seychelles beaches, ghar se nikalte hi???

Anyways, this post is not about Papa Kehte Hai though.... Its about another song. Not sure if many people have heard it, unless you are a big Gulzar fan.... Isn't he amazing??? So old and writes beedi jalayle and naina thag lenge at the same time... This song that is my all time fav (yes another one of those :-)) is from the movie Masoom..... Of course everyone knows the song Lakadi ki kathi from this movie. Many might have also heard the tujhse naraaz nahi zindagi one. But my favorite is this beautiful ghazal that comes at the beginning of the movie and is supposed to be sung by Naseeruddin Shah and Sayed Jaffrey.....So here it goes:

Huzur is kadar bhi na itara ke chaliye
Khule aam aachal na lehra ke chaliye....

Koi manchala agar pakad lega aakar
Zara sochiye aap kya kijiyega
Laga de agar badhke zulfon mein kaliyaan
To kya apni zulfe jhatak dijiyega.....

Bohot khubsoorat hai har baat lekin
Agar dil bhi hota to kya baat hoti
Likhi jaati fir daastane mohobbat
Ek afsaane jaisi mulakat hoti.....

Have you heard anything more beautiful???? I guess not...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dil ne tumko chun liya hai..........

My Favorite Things To Do in Washington D.C.

Hiking in the Canadian Rockies