Hollywood vs. Bollywood

I don't really watch as many movies these days as I used to. Growing up I was a huge Bollywood fan. I still love the bright clothes, the singing and the dancing. I hate the action movies and the melodrama. I started watching English movies much later in life, when I was in engineering college. I enjoy commercial movies and indie movies equally. I agree that not all Hindi movies are great, but I have a huge problem with people who make categorical statements that all Hindi movies are bad. I knew people who proudly said "I don't watch Hindi movies, only English" (with the same pride they (Maharashtrians!!) said "I can't read Marathi". Another post on that later.). Here's the thing. I agree that most Hindi movies are not worth watching, but some are. Also, Hollywood also dishes out tons of crap every year and they spend much more $$$ creating that crap than Bollywood can even think of. So, here's my point: If "Nacho Libre" is funny, then so are Govinda's movies!!!

Disclaimer: I am not a fan of either :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dil ne tumko chun liya hai..........

My Favorite Things To Do in Washington D.C.

Hiking in the Canadian Rockies