To Build Or Not ?

The mosque "near" ground zero debate has been heating up for quite some time now. Every morning when driving to work, I get an update from NPR. Every evening at the gym I get an update from CNN. And obviously S loves to play devil's advocate on every issue... including this!!! So yes I agree to the constitutional right, I agree that this is not a religious war and tolerance is important.

I have seen and heard a lot of people of various colors and religions speak in favor of building this community center. I would like to hear one Muslim say that maybe we should be sensitive towards the victims of 9/11 and step back and think about this a little. That's all I want. Maybe it's the media coverage that's deceptive. I am sure there are people who think this way, but I haven't heard it and it's hard for me to pick that side. I don't want to support the other side either. I just want someone to show some sensitivity for me to feel good about supporting this issue (even if it's just for an argument's sake).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dil ne tumko chun liya hai..........

My Favorite Things To Do in Washington D.C.

To Be or Not To Be?