Internet @ TV

We were thinking of changing our home theater system for quite some time. It was great for my apartment in Lawrenceville, but somehow took up too much space in this condo. Finally we replaced it with a more compact sound bar. With this new system we finally got Internet on TV and have been watching Netflix online almost all weekend. This weekend for me was time to watch my favorites once again, starting with "The Last King of Scotland". It's definitely a great movie, but when I saw the movie the first time what stayed with me was James McAvoy..... Whooooo!!! I need some air :-). When I saw the movie for the second time, what stayed with me was the young Dr. Garrigan's idealism.... and his naivety to some extend. A young doctor living a comfortable life, but giving it up..... wanting to make a difference. Idealist!!! You have to love him. Such stories always make me feel more positive and although I know that maybe I should be a little more realist, I still believe in being an idealist.

The second movie we saw (and I cannot praise S enough for watching it with me!!!) was Mani Ratnam's Tamil movie, the title of which translates to "A Peck on the Cheek". If anyone can make a beautiful movie with a violent backdrop, it's Mani Ratnam.... Think about Roja, Bombay, Dil Se...... I don't think anyone can handle violence the way he does. The Tamilian struggle in Sri Lanka is the backdrop of this movie..... There was so much room for melodrama, but you cannot find a single scene that will make you cringe. Very beautifully directed and amazing cinematography. Worth (many) a watch!!!

Highly recommended!!!!

Comments

Mishra DK said…
So you like Tamil movies?
Okay if you ever get a copy of this movie then watch it.. the name is "Terrorist" - 1999
Not sure how popular this movie was but on those days there was Kaveri River water issue between Karnataka and Tamilnadu. So the movie did not see a theater in Bangalore. I saw this in DD.

more info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Terrorist_%28film%29
goldendekhane said…
I have seen Terrorist... Santosh Sivan director and Ayesha Dharker in lead.... I have already bored S many times by telling him the story behind this movie :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Dil ne tumko chun liya hai..........

My Favorite Things To Do in Washington D.C.

To Be or Not To Be?