Visiting home

So obviously Anu and I were talking (when she was here last weekend) about going home and shopping and enjoying and all those things... Thanks to mom, we always dream big and perfect!!! There is never plan B.... In this case it means, visiting India in December at the same time and spending a lot of time together shopping and @ Sarla's (I guess only Thane females know the significance of this!!!). I am sure as we will realize soon, many of these plans will fall apart... sadly :-(... But I guess we should be able to pull something off (IF our vacation overlaps)... 

It is interesting.... The first time I saw Sundara Mana Madhe Bharli in Thane and I heard some of the things people said, I was thinking... "These people have no idea how much India has changed". And now I feel like one of those people. Anu and I were talking about buying this and buying that from India and how it would be so much cheaper and I always talk about how our culture is different, how the education system is different.... And finally someone said... When was the last time you went to India?? That just caught me off guard.... Even when I visited briefly 2 years back everything seemed so different... Now whenever I talk to Ashwin, I really see the difference to quite some extent... he is sort of me 6 years back, only better, more informed and more confident!!!

Like someone said (I don't remember who!!)... When you leave your country, you have an image in your mind... And the image always stays, but things back home change... and in our day that change is happening really fast!!! Is it selfish to hope that things won't change? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dil ne tumko chun liya hai..........

My Favorite Things To Do in Washington D.C.

Hiking in the Canadian Rockies