Gaarva

Out of nowhere today I was reminded of Gaarva (remember Milind Ingle's melodious Marathi songs???).....For those of you who don't know Milind Ingle, he is the one who sang the famous Chui Mui Si Tum... So I tried to find the songs online. I found some of his songs online, but not all of them were from the same album, which kind of disappointed me a little.... When I was in engineering school, I used to spend more than an hour to get to my school and another hour to get back. The best way to spend time in the train was to listen to music and I had my favorites..... The Akai walkman was a life saver those days..... Although the choice of songs kept changing every month, there were a couple of albums, I remember carrying in my bag all the time (along with some apples and Bourbon biscuits!!!!!). So anyways, these all time favs were Thakshak, Sapnay, Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi (I was crazy about Shaan, actually still am!!!), Maachis and Gaarva....... I still have these audio cassettes with me.

Paus padun gelyavar, man pagulyangat jhale
Kshitijachya vaatevarati, paanyavar raangat gele
Thembana saavarlelya, tya gavatanchya kadancha
Paus padun gelyavar, me bhijalelya zaadancha
Paus padun gelyavar, man thembanche gaaranche
Aais chakvuni aalya, tya dabkyatil poranche
Modun manachi daare, ti oli paul bharati
Paus padun gelyavar, ya olya rastyavarti
Paus padun gelyavar, me chandra chimb bhijalela
Vijavun chandanya saarya vijalela, shaant nijalela
Paus padun gelyavar, man bhir bhirta paarva
Paus padun gelyavar, man gaarathta gaarva


I think I need to dig into all those boxes and find my old walkman and the old Gaarva cassette.....

Comments

Fire and Ice!!! said…
Such a beautiful lyrics!! Now i will have to dig out this song from internet!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Dil ne tumko chun liya hai..........

My Favorite Things To Do in Washington D.C.

Hiking in the Canadian Rockies