Smile :-)

Sometime soon after Spring semester began, some of my students from Fall section started coming to my office with doubts in Digital Media that they were taking this semester (with another proff)..... One of the girls who came to me had trouble using Audacity. Now I had never used Audacity and I told her so, then we both sat together and I was playing with the software and trying to see if I could find something. Eventually we found out that Audacity did not support whatever she was trying to do..... After she left I was thinking, none of my 20 students in that class ever came to me with a doubt, when they were in my class, but here they are now.... Not that I didn't want to help them, but I was just wondering what is it that makes us hesitant to speak to our professors. When I was a TA at Tulane my students would sometimes request review sessions... I remember doing review session on a Saturday during the last semester of my stay at Tulane (when I really did not want to teach.... and just finish my dissertation!!!). My job was just to conduct labs, the theory and reviews were all handled by the proffs (and they would have never said no for a review session...). I know why I never went to my proffs with doubts... coz I was never prepared :-) I never knew the basics that I was supposed to.......

Anyways, this morning I was feeling a little low because of something that happened yesterday and I was walking towards my classroom when I saw her walking in the opposite direction. I saw her give a really big smile and then she stopped near me and said she had finished the project and made 97 on it (Apparently that class is very tough!!!! Students' words).....Wanted to thank me... I had actually not done anything significant..... I had probably helped her with 5% of her project work, but hey.... if that helped her, great!!! I am glad to have helped....... Anyways, that big smile she gave me and actually stopped to tell me that the project was successful brought a smile back to my face...... This is why I love this job :-) The students keep me going....

Comments

Unknown said…
This is called being a catalyst.. a person of chemical which w/o taking part in actual reaction influences the rate of reaction. He He.. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Dil ne tumko chun liya hai..........

My Favorite Things To Do in Washington D.C.

Hiking in the Canadian Rockies