Adoption

When I was in the 7th grade I decided this...... If I could afford to raise a child and wanted to have one, I was going to adopt one. I know!!!! My mom recently freaked out when I told her this........ But think about it...... Look at the population of our nation.... Look at the number of kids around you begging on the streets and selling sundry items, working in chai ki tapri!!!! There are so many kids on this earth (not only in India), who could definitely use some help from us.... And NO!!! donating money to charity is not enough, when it comes to kids. To some extent money is necessary and I look at that as something is better than nothing..... But love, affection, care, family support...all these are essential in the life of a child (or rather anyone....). So you cannot just donate money and feel good about it. Of course you can't adopt all kids, so you donate some money/time and feel like you contributed, but if you can afford to raise one child, then go ahead pick one, who is already here and needs you......

Of course it might not be easy, but no one said life was easy!!! I know it sounds cliche, but it is true, and anyways why should it be any harder than raising your own child, once you have adopted one and accepted that child as your own????

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dil ne tumko chun liya hai..........

My Favorite Things To Do in Washington D.C.

Hiking in the Canadian Rockies