Ghajini

This was my in-flight movie and the first Aamir Khan movie that I had not seen (and was not keen on watching). I was actually in India when the movie released 6 months back, but somehow didn't feel like watching it. Now that I have seen it I am totally disappointed. It's an exact, frame-to-frame copy of the original Ghajini. Aamir Khan as the handsome, sophisticated business tycoon was great, but Aamir Khan as the angry protagonist was a total disappointment. I never thought I would say this, but Surya was much better (I remember a friend saying "You are actually watching a movie where the hero's name is "Surya" ?"). I saw the original almost 3 years back during Katrina, so I don't exactly remember if the admiration for Surya was because of his performance in Ghajini or was it a leftover adulation from "Kaaka Kaaka" (This one's really worth watching... I swear!!)... Either ways the Hindi version was nowhere close to the original even though it was an exact remake.... I think I am just past the age where the chocolate boy looks were enough.... Even Aamir Khan's 8 pack abs didn't do the trick for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dil ne tumko chun liya hai..........

My Favorite Things To Do in Washington D.C.

Hiking in the Canadian Rockies