Bill Gates Quotes

Some of the quotes attributed to Bill Gates annoy me to no end. I am not convinced that these are his quotes. Here are two examples:

His father was a PROMINENT lawyer. Now we all know what prominent lawyers make. I agree that he might not be tipping outrageously, but that's not because his father was a farmer. Moreover, Bill Gates is giving all his money to charity with only a billion dollar going to his children (2 daughters and one son). So, if anything his son should be careful when tipping!!!

My biggest problem is with the second quote. Bill Gates dropped out of HARVARD..... I think only students admitted to Harvard and equivalent schools should have a right to post that quote. I don't think he got into Harvard after failing Math. Moreover I don't think he could have contributed to developing an OS without having a strong background in Math. I think these quotes are posted and reposted by 
people who are looking for some kind of validation when they know that there is no truth to these quotes. 

Most people who became immensely successful (such as Gates) inspite of dropping out of college are ones who dropped out after they had already created something. And even these folks understand the value of education, which is why Bill Gates is giving away his hard earned money to educating American children in science and math.

People.... stop this nonsense!

Comments

Mishra DK said…
I strongly agree with you.. Like this you will find a lot of quotes related to our own Dr. Kalam.
Whatever they are trying to convey and its correctness is a different thing.. but forcing that to be those people's view is VERY incorrect..

Popular posts from this blog

Dil ne tumko chun liya hai..........

My Favorite Things To Do in Washington D.C.

Hiking in the Canadian Rockies